Friday, September 24, 2010

urgh Laundry.

Why is it that everything is so much more difficult with kids? There are all the little things that I took for granted pre-baby (i.e. doing Laundry, shopping, cleaning, and most importantly - blogging) Max has a good 2 hour nap in the mornings and this is when I take advantage of the things I can't do during the day. Ok, so I am mostly looking online for deals on clothes for me. Gilt Group, Rue La La (thanks Truc for exposing me to that site!) But I digress...Laundry. Its on my plate of things to do today. The exciting life of a mom. I do have access to a "Fluff and Fold" where they come and pick up the laundry, wash and fold, and then drop it back off. But I used it on Monday and I feel guilty for using them twice in one week. Plus I have some things that I dont trust them to wash properly (Comforter, shower curtains, rugs, etc.)

Tomorrow - our couch comes. We have been waiting 6 [fucking] weeks for this couch. Try living for 6 weeks without a couch. I'm sick of laying on the floor to watch tv/movies. The couch was shipped from Texas and received last week by a receiver in New Jersey. The guy I have been dealing with has been giving me the runaround on getting it delivered. Yesterday was the last straw. The couch was delivered last [fucking] week and has just been sitting there. He apparently did'nt have anyone to move it to Brooklyn. They are a freaking MOVING company - how can they not deliver this couch. I am perplexed. Well I told him that I was going to rent a truck and come get the damn thing myself - and he quickly changed his tune. They are charging us [are you ready for this?.....] ....$400 to deliver the couch. I'm enraged. NJ is 45 mins away and we could have easily gone and got the thing last week. Again, Max I love you - but you make things a little more difficult :) So now Mister Mover, with the thought of being out $400, is delivering the couch tomorrow. Fingers crossed, and wallets emptied.

No comments:

Post a Comment